Follow us on

'.

Two Premier League teams eyeing £30m Manchester United “bargain” after his bizarre plea to Rúben Amorim

Two Premier League sides are said to be in the market for one Manchester United player following his bizarre demand to Rúben Amorim last month.

Manchester United are preparing for a major summer overhaul as they look to raise funds for Rúben Amorim’s rebuild. The club plan to generate significant income through player sales, with several departures already being lined up.

Victor Lindelöf and Christian Eriksen are both expected to leave at the end of the season when their contracts expire. Neither are part of the long-term vision under the new manager.

United also intend to sell players currently out on loan, including Marcus Rashford, Antony, and Tyrell Malacia. All three are unlikely to feature in Amorim’s plans moving forward.

Casemiro is another high-profile name expected to be moved on as United look to refresh the squad with younger, more dynamic players suited to Amorim’s system.

Two Premier League sides in for Lindelöf

With Lindelöf’s contract set to expire in the coming months, eight years after United signed him for £30 million, it has been claimed that two Premier League sides are eyeing a move for the player.

According to TBRFootball, both Everton and West Ham are interested in signing the 30-year-old this summer as he enters the free agent, which is seen as a “bargain” deal that could be completed with someone who has vast Premier League experience.

At the same time, several clubs in Italy and Germany have held talks with his camp, while his former club Benfica have been noted as a club Lindelöf would be interested in returning to in 2025.

However, there are also other Premier League sides keeping tabs on the Swede’s situation. Brighton & Hove Albion, Crystal Palace, and Wolverhampton Wanderers are all monitoring Lindelöf, showing he will not be short of suitors this summer.

Lindelöf recently made a bizarre Amorim plea

While on international duty with Sweden, Lindelöf confused fans when he slightly bizarelly pleaded that he play more minutes under Amorim.

Lindelöf has only played 90 minutes of a game three times this season after a long-term injury layoff, with the latest coming during Sweden’s 5-1 win over Northern Ireland.

“It’s been a while. It felt good. It’s nice to play 90 minutes,” Lindelöf told Swedish press after the game. “I need minutes. We play with very high intensity in the national team, so it’s fun to hold for 90 minutes.

Read More: Matheus Cunha transfer verdict given as ex-Manchester United defender “very impressed” by Wolves star

“It’s tough and a demanding way to play football. But we have to do that, too. It still felt like we solved it well, but it’s a little different sometimes to be so high up.”

Although he has pleaded to play more regularly, his timing is rather odd. Lindelöf is currently Amorim’s sixth-choice centre-back due to injuries, with the returns of Luke Shaw and Ayden Heaven later this month likely to push him down even further.

After a “nightmare” performance against Fulham earlier this year, it’s unlikely that Amorim will be looking to hand Lindelöf minutes unless it’s a last resort, and his next 90 minutes of football may not come until after he has left Old Trafford.


Make sure to follow UtdDistrict on XInstagramFacebookYouTube, and TikTok to never miss out on any of our Manchester United content. Our podcast, What the Devil?, is released every Wednesday at 6 pm (BST) on the United View YouTube channel.