Follow us on

'.

Manchester United star told he has “no future” at Old Trafford despite contract until June 2027

Manchester United decided to send Antony on loan in the January transfer window and he has been told that it is best he departs permanently in the summer.

Antony has faced a tough period at Manchester United following his arrival in 2022, and his confidence seemed low earlier this season.

As a result, Ruben Amorim decided to send the Brazilian winger out on loan, with Real Betis securing a deal for the remainder of the campaign.

The move has proven beneficial for all parties involved. Antony has regained his confidence, Betis are climbing the La Liga standings, and United are seeing his market value rise.

With four goals and four assists in his first 12 appearances for the Spanish side, Antony will be eager to continue his impressive form as club football resumes after the international break.

Antony told he has “no future” at United

Antony, whose contract at Old Trafford runs until June 2027, has been keeping his cards close to his chest when asked about his long-term future once his loan spell in Spain ends but the Brazilian has been told he has “no future” at United.

Former United coach Rene Meulensteen has explained how Antony would “fall back into the same rut” if he was to try and return to Old Trafford next season.

The 61-year-old believes that the best solution for all parties is for the 25-year-old to join Betis on a permanent transfer considering the success he has had in Seville so far.

“Antony has no future at Manchester United,” the ex-United coach, who worked under Sir Alex Ferguson, told AOS this week.

“If I was him, I’d stay at Real Betis, without a doubt. He’s never really lived up to the expectations or the price tag at United, but he’s found his feet in Spain.

“He seems to be a lot happier playing football and in life generally at Betis – which is the most important thing.

“If he returned to Manchester, he’d fall straight back into the rut he was in before he left, which wouldn’t be good for anybody.

“I can’t see him returning under any circumstance; it’s probably best for all parties that he joins Betis on a permanent deal.”

Why Antony needs to leave United permanently

The one problem with Meulensteen’s suggestion is that Betis might not have the cash to afford Antony on a permanent deal.

It has been claimed that United have set a £40 million price tag for the Brazilian winger, which would likely be out of the Spanish team’s budget unless they get Champions League football.

However, the overall premise is right – Antony needs to leave United in the summer. The club could certainly do with the extra money.

More importantly, the player is enjoying his football away from Old Trafford and we’ve already witnessed that he’s not at the level required to play for the club.

Read More: David Ornstein confirms Paul Pogba to Manchester United transfer truth after “consideration” claim made

Whether it is Betis or somewhere else, United need to find a suitor for Antony and his performances in Spain may be making that easier.


Make sure to follow UtdDistrict on XInstagramFacebookYouTube, and TikTok to never miss out on any of our Manchester United content. Our podcast, What the Devil?, is streamed live every Thursday at 12:30 pm (BST) on the United View YouTube channel.