Follow us on

'.

Manchester United reject Kobbie Mainoo loan enquiry after telling star he ‘will not leave Old Trafford’

Manchester United have informed Kobbie Mainoo that they have no intention of letting him leave this summer despite his request to be loaned for the coming season.

So far this season, Manchester United have sanctioned 11 loan moves as the club looks to thin their squad due to no European football this season.

With ten of these loan moves being Academy players looking for game time, the only senior player to leave on loan is Marcus Rashford, who joined Barcelona. The La Liga side have the option to sign him for around £30 million next summer.

The club’s only permanent sale so far is Alejandro Garnacho, who is set to sign for Premier League rivals Chelsea for a flat £40 million fee, although further exits are expected.

There are reports that Tyrell Malacia may be heading out on loan to La Liga, while Rasmus Højlund is closing in on a move to Napoli. Real Betis are also continuing to work on a move for Antony, although United are so far not willing to accept a loan offer for the Brazilian.

Mainoo has requested to leave United

In the last few days, there has been an explosion of news surrounding United Academy graduate and midfield star Kobbie Mainoo, who seems out of favour under Amorim.

After reports earlier this week broke that the 20-year-old would be open to leaving United, The Athletic have now revealed that Mainoo has informed United he would like to leave the club on loan for the season.

Amid his desire to play in the 2026 World Cup with England, Mainoo is said to feel that he has limited opportunities at United this season and wants to ensure he has regular game time to prove himself before Thomas Tuchel selects his squad.

However, as the player has no intention to sever ties with his boyhood club, Mainoo explained to United that he only wants to leave on loan, as he fully intends to return to the club.

United reject Al-Nassr loan approach

It has also been widely reported that United have knocked back Mainoo’s request, explaining that they have no intention of letting him leave and want him to fight for his place at Old Trafford.

Read More: What Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjær said about Manchester United return amid duo sacked from Turkish Pro League

Amid this, transfer journalist Ben Jacobs has also revealed that United have rejected an approach to sign Mainoo on loan from Cristiano Ronaldo’s Saudi Pro League side Al-Nassr.

Further, Jacobs explained that several European clubs are on alert to what can only be described as a late-window opportunity, with Mainoo’s fantastic talent clear for all to see.

It has also been reported elsewhere that Npaoli are set to bring Mainoo into conversations with United as they move to complete their agreement for Højlund. Still, it’s unlikely that Amorim’s side would willingly enter talks for a permanent transfer.


Make sure to follow UtdDistrict on XInstagramFacebookYouTube, and TikTok to never miss out on any of our Manchester United content. Our podcast, What the Devil?, is streamed live every Thursday at 12:30 pm (BST) on the United View YouTube channel.